International internship for students to study in London , UK has been made available by the International Maritime Organization for students around the world. In order to Participate in this program, you must possess a university degree or be enrolled in a Master’s or Ph.D program. Applicants for this London Internship should be good in either English Language or Spanish language.
As Nigeria is working hard towards returning to the council of the International Maritime Organisation (IMO), with the recent efforts of the management of the Nigerian Maritime Administration led by its Director General, Dr. Dakuku Peterside, it is therefore a chance for Nigerian Students to pursue their dreams in this field.
International Internship (Maritime Organization) Application Details
For Students who already have Published a Master’s or PhD thesis/dissertation will be required to submit a print and/or digital copy. This will be submitted to the Maritime Knowledge Centre.
Field of London International Internship (International Maritime Organization)
All students should be undertaking research in activities related to the main purpose of writing their disertation or further reeasrch.
The International Maritime Organization.
An internship can be taken in London, UK (While at IMO, interns reside in the Maritime Knowledge Centre (MKC)).
The IMO Internship Programme can only accommodate a limited number of students. Therefore, acceptance into the Programme is on a ‘first come, first served basis’ based on fulfillment of the eligibility criteria set out below.
International Internship Eligibility Criteria
- Students must have a university degree or be enrolled in a Master’s or Ph.D. program.
- Applicants are considered for an internship at the request of their governments, appropriate governmental authorities (if the country concerned is the Member State of IMO), or at the request of universities or institutions of higher education.
- Applicants must provide a summary of their research, clearly indicating the specific areas of the Organization’s work to which their research pertains. IMO is not an academic or research organization. Applicants are advised to check the Maritime Knowledge Centre (MKC) catalogueSeaLibrary to verify whether there is sufficient material within the MKC collection to support their research.
- Interns are expected to conduct research on the topic indicated in their application.
Accepted interns wishing to change their research topics must advise the Organization prior to commencing their internship; failure to do so may result in the withdrawal of their placement.
- Applicants must have a working knowledge of at least one of the Organization’s official languages (English, French or Spanish).
Read Also : Apply for Boston University Scholarship Position
Internship Open for International Students
International students are eligible to apply for this internship program.
Is this paid internship? IMO internships are unpaid. Interns or their sponsoring institutions are responsible for the cost of travel, insurance, accommodation and living expenses. As IMO accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship, applicants are advised to obtain health insurance coverage.
The International Maritime Organization welcomes students who wish to apply for an internship at its Headquarters in London. IMO internships are research centered. The Programme does not provide opportunities for students to be attached to the Secretariat to obtain work or practical experience.
A number of awards offered
Limited numbers of internships are available. Act Fast.
Internships are offered for periods of two weeks to a maximum of two months. Starting dates are at the beginning of the month and mid-month.
Visit the Official IMO Internship Website
Subscribe to this Platform for more internship updates