It is traditional for Facebook to ask for your mobile phone number while trying to sign up Facebook or create a Facebook account. Creating a Facebook account or signing up Facebook without mobile phone number could reduce the risk of exposing your personal information.
As a first timer on Facebook, you might not know how to go about the privacy settings ( so as to hide your mobile phone number). Moreover, if you would want to stay away from the contacts on your phone, then sign up Facebook Facebook with your mobile number is one thing you would not like to do? (They will search you with your mobile phone number and easy locate you).
However after Facebook sign up or creating a new Facebook account without your mobile number you could as well update your personal settings (input your phone number), if you feel it is OK for you. Facebook users who create a Facebook account with either an email, or mobile phone number enjoy equal benefits, it is just a matter of choice and privacy.
Sign Up Facebook without Mobile Phone number on a Mobile Device
- Click here to navigate to the official Facebook website. Then click on new account. No need to fill in the user name unless you want to sign in (already have an account) Facebook.
- Enter you name, last name, birthday, gender and password in the right fields. Now, instead of entering your mobile phone number, enter your email address in the field tagged Email or phone.
- Click on ok button to create the account
- You will be sent an email from Facebook for confirmation, copy the code sent and enter it at the appropriate field.
Sign Up Facebook without mobile phone number on a Desktop or Laptop Computer
- Navigate to the official Facebook website, click on create account.
- Enter your first name, last name, email address, password, birthday and gender.
- Click on Sign-Up to create Facebook account.
- An email will also be sent to you for confirmation. Copy the code sent and input it at the appropriate field.