As an MTN customer, there are lots of valuable products and services you stand to enjoy. You get to enjoy cheap call rates and tariffs (depending on your plan). MTN customers also enjoy the ability to share credits to loved one with the use of MTN Share & Sell. Well, the good thing is, you could share data too…Very exciting. Join other customers, learn how to share data on MTN Network by following the steps and guidelines in this article. Get ready to share data to your friends and families.
Guidelines on How to Share Data on MTN Network
Follow these steps to learn how to share data on MTN network
- Dial *131*2*1# or text REG to 131; to register for MTN Data Share, you will receive a unique security PIN. It is expected of you to change the system generated PIN to a new PIN you can easily remember. To achieve this dial*131*2*5# or text Change OLD_PIN NEW_PIN NEW_PIN to 131. E.g Change 0000 1234 1234 to 131. Where 0000 is old PIN and 1234 is your new PIN.
- After changing the PIN, you are required to add beneficiaries to your MTN shared Data Bundle account via USSD menu *131*2*2# or you can also achieve this by texting Add <MSISDN> <PIN> to 131. You can add up to 5 beneficiaries.
- Once you have added beneficiaries, you (the sponsor) will be able to share your available data bundle among the added beneficiaries by sending the keyword Share <PIN> to 131 or simply dial USSD code *131*2*3#.
Just in case you don’t know how to share call credit too on MTN, below is a quick guideline to achieve that
Guidelines on how to transfer MTN call credits
- You can transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone at anytime by sending an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08066563590 1500 1234’ to 777.
- Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
- You can also transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone by dialing *600*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example dial*600*08066563590*1500*1234# and then send/ok.
- When the transfer has been completed, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
- If you want to change your pin, you can do so by sending an SMS with default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777.
Did you learn How to Share Data on MTN Network? Share to your friends and families if you did.