Most people who want to loose weight have a very bad approach to it. While loosing weight, you shouldn’t just focus on loosing weight. There are lots if things to put in place for a succesful weight loss result. There are major set goals involved for a healthy weight loss.
Some of the weight loss goals you should adopt are ; Change of attitude and behavior, physical activeness, and lastly healthy eating goals. If you are aiming for a long lasting weight loss effect, you should try to make this part of your everyday life.
Goals for a healthy Weight Loss
There are lots of weight loss goals for different personalities, you should definitely know what works for you. The truth remains that, there must be set goals for a healthy weight loss and it has to be right for you.
Weight loss targets
- People have targeted loosing 5-10 percent of their current weight over 6 months, others 1-2 pounds per week. Both could help lower your risk of heart disease and other conditions as well as give you time to make a new healthy lifestyle change.
- If you are going to loose your weight and regain it back then it is not worth it. Think of maintaining a modest weight over a longer period. This mindset, is a step closer to your goal. Most times people tend to reduce way lower than their targeted weight, it is advisable to maintain the weight for sometime, before setting other goals for adding weight.
Striking a balance for healthy weight loss
Maintaining a healthy weight has a lot to do with balancing, balancing with regards to calories and energy. Which means there should be cautious checkmate on the food and beverages you eat so as to make you physically active. It is nice you compare your physical activities with the energy you take in.
The energy you burn out physically should be approximate with the energy you take in , with this your weight stays same.
However, if the energy given out is less than the energy taken in , this could result to weight gain and on the other hand, if the energy given out due to physical activities is more than the energy taken in then you are up for weight loss. It might be difficult to strike an accurate balance on daily basis, but there should be an attempt in doing so for a healthy weight loss and maintenance.
Healthy weight loss requires a healthy eating plan
One thing about healthy eating plan is, it gives the body all the necessary nutrients that help you stay within your daily calorie target. With a well planned healthy eating plan, you stand a lower risk of high blood pressure, heart disease and most of all high blood cholesterol levels.
For a healthy weight loss and maintenance, your healthy eating plan, should have the following attributes:
- More fruits , vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low fat milk and mother milk products.
- Healthy eating plans will also include eating lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs and nuts.
- Your healthy eating plan should also be low in saturated fats, cholesterol, salt (sodium) and added sugars.
- In-order to achieve a healthy weight loss, you should watch your calories intake. Convert everything you eat into calories, and pay attention to the sizes as well.You have to reduce your calorie intake by 500-1000 if you want to loose 1-2 pounds a week.
Normal for women. food content of 1000-1200 calories will help reduce weight safely. Women who weigh 165 pounds should think of reducing food calories of 1200-1600 calories a day. This is also suitable for men.
However, If you eat 1,600 calories a day but do not lose weight, then you may want to cut back to 1,200 calories. If you are hungry on either diet, then you may want to boost your calories by 100 to 200 per day.
Physical activities combined with a a planed eating habit will definitely help a healthy weight loss and long term maintenance. Physical activities will not only help you reduce wealth, but also :
• Lowers the risk of heart disease; diabetes; and such cancers as breast, uterus, and colon
• Strengthens your lungs and helps them to work more efficiently
• Strengthens your muscles and keeps your joints in good condition
• May slow bone loss
• Gives you more energy
• Helps you to relax and cope better with stress
• Builds confidence
• Allows you to fall asleep more quickly and sleep more soundly
• Provides an enjoyable way to share time with friends and family
Try to have at least 30 minutes physical engagement if possible everyday. Maintaining a balanced weight, you need to aim for 60-90 minutes of daily moderate exercise. You don’t really need to do it at once, on days you have the whole day to yourself, then you could split your exercise time in sections, say 15 minutes.
For a start, you could go with long walks, graduate to brisk walks and then you could inculcate jogging. Do not forget to strike balance between energies.