Turkey is a quintessential for thanksgiving so, it has to be prepared and prepared well. However it isn’t such a big deal to bake turkey for thanksgiving. All you need is the right thanksgiving turkey recipe and a little direction on how to cook turkey for thanksgiving which you will be able to achieve by reading this article.
Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe : Learn How to Cook Turkey for Thanksgiving
For the main ingredient:
- You will need a frozen Turkey (Weighing about 15 pound)
You will need the followings for the brime
- Half cup of of light brown sugar
- One and half teaspoons of all spice berries
- One gallon of vegetable stock
- One cup Kosher salt
- One and half teaspoons of chopped candied ginger
- One table spoon of black peppercorns
- One gallon of real iced water
Ingredients for aromatics are below
- Canola oil
- A cup of water
- l leaves sage
- one sliced red apple
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- Half sliced onions
- One cinnamon stick
Directions on How to Cook Turkey for Thanksgiving with Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe
- Before roasting the turkey, it is advised you thawn it 2 or 3 days earlier in a cooler at about 38 degree F.
- Mix the following in a large stockpot: candied ginger, vegetable stock, salt, peppercorns, allspice berries and brown sugar and stir then mixture occasionally at a medium-high heat. Continue to stir until all solids are dissolved and mixture begins to boil.
- On achieving this, remove the brine from the heat and cool, advisably, refrigerate the brine.
- A night before the turkey thanksgiving dinner, combine the brine, water and ice in the 5-gallon bucket.
- Immerse the thawned turkey (By this time the innards have been removed) with the breast side into the brine.
- Refrigerate again for about 10 hours (Endeavor to keep turning the Turkey Thanksgiving halfway occasionally). Then, get your oven ready by preheating to 500 degrees F.
- Rinse the Thanksgiving turkey with cold water, then with the aid of a roasting rack inside a half sheet pan, place the Turkey inside the oven.
- Make a combination of cinnamon stick, apple and onion (both sliced) and a cup of water in a microwave safe dish . Microwave on high for about 5 minutes.
- Add the aromatics to the turkeys cavity with the sage and rosemary. Tuck the wings underneath the bird and coat skin with canola oil.
- Roast the turkey on lowest level of the oven at 500 degrees F for 30 minutes. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees F by inserting a thermometer into the thickest part of the breast. Preferably, set the thermometer alarm to 161 degree F.
The whole roasting should take about 2 and half hours to be done. Allow the turkey thanksgiving to rest. Cover with a large mixing bowl for about 15 minutes before carving.
We will welcome any other ideas on how to cook turkey for thanksgiving in the comment section below. If this was useful, do not hesitate to share to your friends and fans on the social media. Happy Thanksgiving!!!