Don’t miss the chance to apply for the extremely prestigious Irish Government Scholarship for 2018 university admissions in Ireland for Masters and PhD Degree courses. The total worth of the govt of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship and all Strategic Funding Partner Scholarships will be up to a maximum of €24,000 in any approved year, as well as the cost of living expenses.
The aim of Irish Council Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, also referred as the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, is to support befittingly qualified research master’s and scholars pursuing, or aspiring to pursue, full-time research in any discipline. The mission of the Council is to modify and sustain a vibrant and innovative research community in Ireland. The Council is the agency of the Department of Education and Skills and operates under the aegis of the Higher Education Authority.
Applicants should have a First Class or higher second class honors bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree . If undergraduate examination results aren’t known at the time of application, the Council could make a provisional offer of a scholarship on condition that the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree result’s a first-class or second class honors. If a scholar doesn’t have a first-class or second class honors bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree, they need to possess a master’s degree.
Course Level: Irish Government Scholarship is obtainable to research master’s and doctoral degree (either ancient or structured) in any discipline at an eligible HEI within Ireland.
Study Subject(s): Irish Government Scholarship is awarded in any discipline, based in an Irish HEI.
Irish Government Scholarship Award: The whole worth of the govt of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship and every one Strategic Funding Partner Scholarships will be up to a maximum of €24,000 in any approved year and will comprises the following:
- A regular payment of €16,000 once a year at intervals within the semester;
- A contribution to fees, as well as non-EU scholarship fees, paid to the HEI up to a maximum of €5,750 once a year. Any differential must be paid by the scholar and/or HEI scholars who hold a fee waver from their HEI, or where no fee is needed, or where fees are paid fully by a 3rd party, must inform the Council and also the applicable offices in their HEI and will not be eligible for the fee portion of the scholarship;
- Eligible direct research expenses is up to a maximum of €2,250 once a year to enable the scholar carry out the research project. Eligible direct research costs includes essential research supplies like small consumables; books and journals; pay-as-you-go access to national research infrastructure; software and hardware critical for the research (to be obtained within the 1st year of the award or within the 1st 3 months of the annual award); archival research costs; conference travel and participation; generic and/or specialist disciplinary skills training; and publishing and write-up costs. the precise amount of eligible direct research expenses is subject to enough justification being created within the application. solely vouched expenses incurred in winding up the scientific research are going to be funded.
- It’s solely permissible for any unexhausted balance of eligible direct research expenses to be carried over from the previous year of the scholarship. Asides this exception, funds might not be carried forward from one year to subsequent.
- No funds provided by the Council as a part of the scholarship fund could also be used by the HEI to cover overhead or administrative costs.
- Funding can solely be provided for the research project as presented within the application. If it’s proposed to create any significant departures from the research project during the funding term, the consent of the Council should be sought-after beforehand. Proposals for changes in research project are going to be independently peer-reviewed and the Council’s decision on whether or not to approve the proposed change(s) will be final.
- Expenses that occur outside the funding term aren’t eligible under the scholarship. while the award is made to the individual scholar, the scholarship fund is administered through the appropriate office within the HEI.
Irish Government Scholarship is taken in Ireland
Why do I need Irish Government Scholarship? Why Should I Study In Ireland?
- STUDY in one of the best education systems in the world for higher education achievements
- CHOOSE from over 5000 internationally recognized qualifications
- CONNECT with career opportunities with leading global companies located in Ireland
- JOIN the 35,000 international students from 161 countries enjoying Ireland’s vibrant culture
Eligibility: Applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree2 . If undergraduate examination results are not known at the time of application, the Council may make a provisional offer of a scholarship on condition that the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree result is a first class or upper second-class honours. If a scholar does not have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree, they must possess a master’s degree. The Council’s determination of an applicant’s eligibility on these criteria is final;
- Must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the scheme, including strategic partner themes within the scheme. This includes applications since 2009 to the EMBARK Scheme previously run by the Irish Research Council for Science, Engineering and Technology, and the Government of Ireland Scholarship Scheme previously run by the Irish Council for Humanities and Social Sciences;
- Must be a new entrant to the degree for which they are to receive Council funding and have been formally accepted by the relevant department/school by, at the latest, 1 October 2017, or fulfill the criteria in Clause 4.3 if already registered and part of the degree has been completed;
- In the case of applications for a research master’s scholarship, applicants must not currently hold, or have previously held, a Council Postgraduate Scholarship;
- In the case of applications for a doctoral degree scholarship, applicants must not currently hold, or have previously held, any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a research master’s degree.
- Applicants will fall under one of two categories based on nationality and residency. For category one, applicants must meet both of the following criteria: be a national of a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA)3 or Switzerland and or have been ordinarily resident4 in an EEA member state or Switzerland for a continuous period of three of the five years preceding 1 October 2017. All other applicants will fall under category two. While the majority of scholarships will be awarded to applicants who fall under category one, a proportion of awards will also be made to exceptional applicants who fall under category two. Please note that the Council may request documented evidence of an applicant’s nationality and residence.
- Scholars are selected in accordance with the Council’s application and assessment process.
- Scholars must be full-time students registered with an eligible HEI in Ireland.
- Scholars of any nationality may hold a Council Postgraduate Scholarship. However, scholars must:maintain their principal residence in Ireland (as defined) during the period of the scholarship; satisfy the State’s regulations on immigration and have the support of their HEI with respect to these regulations and requirements if not a national of a member state of the European Union (EU).
- Arrangements with respect to immigration will be a matter for settlement between the scholar and their HEI, and the relevant immigration authorities of the State.
- Acceptance of the award is subject to these Terms and Conditions and the Guide for Applicants which, in conjunction with the Letter of Offer and completed and signed Acceptance Form, constitute the basis on which the award is held.
- Scholarships are held subject to these Terms and Conditions. If any of these are breached by a scholar, the Council will suspend or terminate the scholarship and/or may require reimbursement of such payments as have already been made to the scholar.
Nationality: International Students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Irish Government Scholarship Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree2 . If undergraduate examination results are not known at the time of application, the Council may make a provisional offer of a scholarship on condition that the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree result is a first class or upper second-class honours. If a scholar does not have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree, they must possess a master’s degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
All applicants are expected to apply online.
Don’t Miss this other Scholarships
- Apply for MBA Programme Scholarship 2017 │Fully Funded Scholarship : Nigeria & Abroad
- Facebook Internship 2018 : International Students Computer Engineering Internships USA
- Apply for 2017 (NAOC) Nigerian Agip Oil Company Undergraduate Scholarship
- 2018 Fully Funded Scholarships for Masters Degree │KDI School of Public Policy & Management in Korea
- 2017-2019 Fully Funded Masters Scholarship │International Students │Study in France
- Apply for Fully Funded Scholarships : Study 100% Free in Korea – Application form
- Apply for Scholarships in Japan : Meiji University Japanese Language Program
- Apply for Scholarships (Australia) : International Students Dream Come True!!!
- Chevening Scholarships for Nigerians: Study in UK- Apply Now
- Scholarship Applications : Czech Scholarship for Developing Countries ( Apply Now)
- Apply for Scholarship : Deakin University Australia, 2018
- Follow your Dreams │Canada Postgraduate Scholarship List
- Moving to Canada – International Scholarship 2018-2019
- Apply for Boston University Scholarship Position
- Curtin University International Student Scholarships Australia