HUMAN RESOURCE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) call for applications for the 8th Batch AU-YV Recruitment. The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa. It was established in 2010.
The aim of The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps program is to build an excellent status for young people so as to boost Africa’s Developmental goals and targets. This could be achieved by enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions, geared towards the Africa Union’s 2063 Agenda,“The Africa we want”.
This program will bring people together to share, knowledge, skills, creativity, collective ideas and peaceful continent driven by its citizens. Of course the benefits of associating with people from different countries cannot be overemphasized. This program gives one the opportunities intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among participants, and enhancing their employ-ability.
Young African professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member State other then their own. The next intake of volunteers for deployment in 2018 will be from the 11th-31st of July 2017.
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must be
1. a citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or the Diaspora;
2. between age of 18 – 35 years
3. a post-secondary certificate qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or
4. Available in 2018 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
5. Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
6. proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French,
7. free for at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year
professional work experience.
- A motivation letter with a maximum of 750 words. You will add this under the cover letter text box on the portal. Ensure that your Cover letter contains the following;
- Why you want to become an African Union Youth Volunteer?
- Why you believe you are the best candidate to be an African Union Youth Volunteer?
- What is your experience(s) (formal or informal) in youth civic engagement and participation, youth empowerment and/or promoting Pan-Africanism?
- How has your previous experience(s) prepared you to work in diverse teams and cultures?
- What change do you expect to see in yourself, the organization that you will be deployed in, and the community that you will be part of after your year of service?
2. Attach a copy of your CV
3. You will ALSO need to attach the following. Please merge these as one PDF document and attach that document. You might choose to use PDF Merger to do this.
- A copy of the identity page in your passport or national identity card
- Highest post-secondary certified qualification(s).
- Signed Letter of Recommendation verifying your volunteer experience(s).
On deployment, African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following:
- Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment.
- A modest monthly stipend.
- Health insurance cover.
- Separation allowance upon successful completion of twelve months service.
Application Deadline : 31st July
All applications are made online. To apply, click on this link : Official Youth Volunteer Corps(AU-YVC) Website
Don’t miss this opportunity!!! SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE UPDATES ON RELATED TOPICS AND OPPORTUNITIES.